International Ambassadors (IAs) are a select group of undergraduate students, both international and American, who serve as ISSA's student welcome and leadership team. International Ambassadors connect with students before they arrive on campus, welcome them in their first few days on campus, and provide an important touchpoint for new undergraduates through their first few months at Notre Dame. They also help shape programming that encourages relationship building and elevates the success of internationalization efforts on campus.
- welcome new students at International Student Orientation in August
- participate in a two pre-orientation retreats (spring and fall)
- organize new student gatherings and events August through October
- identify opportunities to advocate and engage the international student community
- welcome international visitors to campus
- welcoming, friendly, and enthusiastic, with an appreciation for diverse cultures and people
- excited about intercultural opportunities and communication
- ND students in good academic standing
- interested in helping students navigate life at ND
- willing to prioritize new student experiences
- strong leaders and patient listeners
- available to participate in the spring retreat, fall retreat, and international student orientation
- committed to supporting internationalization at Notre Dame
Benefits of being an IA
In being a part of the International Ambassador team, you will expand your communication skills, enhance your leadership and networking skills, and make friends from all over the world.
Applications are open! Complete the application here by March 19, 2021.