International Ambassadors (IAs) are a select group of University of Notre Dame students, both international and American, undergraduate and graduate, who serve as ISSA's student leadership team. Not only do the IAs provide an initial connection pre-arrival, but they also guide students through the early social and culture adjustments. The IAs continue to help shape programming that encourages the building of relationships and elevates the success of internationalization efforts on campus.
“When I was a freshman, the International Ambassadors made me feel welcome at ND and gave me a vision of what my four years could look like. I wanted to be able to pass on the torch to others by becoming an IA. Through the experience, I have not only felt a deeper connection to the international community on campus but also developed my teamwork, mentoring and organizing skills.” - CJ (Caleb) Pine, Valedictorian, Class of 2017, Arabic and Peace Studies
- attend the International Ambassador Banquet
- participate in a two-day training retreat
- welcome new students at the two-day International Student Orientation
- serve on a leadership committees
- actively participate in other NDI – ISSA activities including: monthly dinner meetings, Family Friendship Program Kick-off dinner (fall), assist with new IA interviews (spring), participate in discussions with NDI Senior Leadership and welcome international visitors to campus.
- welcoming, friendly, and enthusiastic, with an appreciation for diverse cultures and people
- excited about opportunities that offer great communication
- ND students in good academic standing
- flexible with their schedule, prioritizing the planning and attending of ISSA events
- strong leaders and patient listeners
- available to participate in a two-day training retreat and international student orientation each August
- committed to supporting internationalization at Notre Dame
Benefits of being an IA
In being a part of the International Ambassador team, you will expand your communication skills, make friends from all over the globe, and enhance your leadership and networking skills.
Want to be an International Ambassador? Applications open at 9:00a.m. (EST) Monday, January 28, 2019.
- January 28, 2019 applications open
- February 11, 2019 applications close
- February 13-14, 2019 interview selection notices sent out
- February 18-21, 2019 interviews
- February 26-27, 2019 decision notices sent out